The Belgian Embassy is looking for a consular assistant/bookkeeper based in Abu Dhabi. The following are some of the tasks for the position.
Bookkeeping & Administration:
- Following up on the bookkeeping of the embassy, verification of invoices, preparation of payments, checking consular incomes, month-end closing...
- Request quotes according to needs (health insurance of local personnel, car insurance, Etisalat, utilities, ...)
- Management of the payment terminal by bank/credit card
- Registering countrymen in the consular register (follow up on requests, create a dossier, registering, updating, transferring, ...)
- Legalise documents, deliver testimonials
- Support drafting of notarial deeds (back up)
- Processing of applications for passport requests, ID cards and visas (back up)
- Every other administrative task needed for the good functioning of the embassy.
The Belgian Embassy is looking for a candidate with a training in the areas of administrative and financial management, a good experience in bookkeeping and office management, as well as possible experience in consular tasks. Experience in teamwork, communicative skills and independent working are also required. The candidate is required to have a strong command in at least one of the national languages Dutch and/or French. Knowledge of English is helpful, and Arabic is an asset.
This vacancy is available shortly (mid-July, the exact date will be confirmed).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a short letter with your CV through to Mr Harold Vandermeulen (AbuDhabi@diplobel.fed.be) until Monday the 22nd of June 2020.
Applications for this vacancy close Monday the 22nd of June 2020.
Please not that only selected candidates will be contacted for the next round in the selection process.
For more information on the job vacancy please visit www.diplomatie.be/abudhabi
Click on the links below to view the full job descriptions
French: EMPLOI AMBASSADE AAP - FR new.pdf
Dutch: BETREKKING AMBASSADE PAM - NL new.pdf