The BeNeLux Business Council of Abu Dhabi is a non-profit organization. We belong to the top 10 biggest and most active business councils in Abu Dhabi. Our objectives are to create relevant platforms for people to meet and network.
Job description for office and events manager (part time)
Reporting to: The Chair of the Board
Working hours: around 25 flexible hours per week from a flexible work space. You will be required to participate in the BBC’s events (which sometimes take place during evenings).
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to start immediately.
Skills & requirements:
- Fluent in English. Dutch and/or French are highly recommended as well.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced context.
- Flexible, conscientious, mature person able to work with a variety of personalities and volunteers
- Must be able to work under pressure when there are deadlines
- Have experience in budget management, planning and business development
- Be good at time management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work within a board setting and in liaison with the BeNeLux Embassies
- Computer skills required, good knowledge of content-management system (website), excel, word, outlook, power point
- Be well versed in accounting and book keeping and accurately reporting the numbers to the Board
- Access to vehicle is a must
Main duties include:
Administration: Management of the overall activities of the BBC
Marketing & Communication: Implement the marketing strategy, make suggestions to the board.
External Affairs: Maintain good relationship with the Embassies and other Business Groups and business community affiliates.
Social Media: Ensure that the Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts are monitored, updated and active.
Membership: Ensure the database is up to date, on-going recruitment for new members, member’s services and interfacing are effective.
Web Site: Ensure that the website is kept up to date, attractive, interactive and relevant.
Event Management: Plan, organise, advertise and deliver all events.
Sponsorship: Work to expand sponsorship base. Interface and retain current sponsors
Government Relations: Maintain good relationship with Abu Dhabi government departments.
Bookkeeping: Liaise with the Treasurer to keep the financial records and assist with budgeting.
If you feel that you have the skills required to add value to the BeNeLux business community and are interested by this position with the BeNeLux Business Council, please kindly forward your CV with references to email@example.com no later than 16 of September 2021.